About the Post

Author Information

Najmtek is a technology start-up, created in 2014, client company of the Houston Technology Center. By commercializing the virtualization of technical hardware and external devices into software applications, Najmtek designs the future of mobile computing while being responsible custodians of the planet. Najmtek has created a powerfully dynamic hardware and software tool, named the UBook, a universal notebook, which delivers a more advanced set of functionalities. Ubook is the premier innovative hybrid IT device of 2016, Top 50 in technology 2016: the first multi-touch, multi-language, multi-accessory and multi-function laptop. Ubook is all-in-one, intuitive and fully customizable. Ubook perfectly fits all your communication and device input needs, regardless of language, and it even supports the special requirements of the disabled user. Ubook is a single machine infinitely transformable with a single touch, streamlining the way we live and work. Najmtek changes the way users interact with their technology as they participate in and contribute to the world. The only limitation is the user’s imagination.

Orange buys Dailymotion for USD 168M

French telco Orange has acquired the remaining 51 percent stake of Dailymotion in January, according to Orange’s recent quarterly earnings statements.

orange-dailymotion

Two years ago, Orange acquired 49 percent of Dailymotion for $78 million, and declared that they wanted to buy out the remaining 51 percent. But Dailymotion had to wait two years before further talks.
The final deal was closed this year on January 11th for $80.1 millions.

DailymotionDailymotion receive over 2.5 billion video views per month and more than 100 million unique visitors, making it one of the most popular video sharing sites on the planet. But the video sharing service is still sitting far behind Google’s Youtube. The site is also profitable in Europe, mainly thanks to its huge popularity in France, where it is the video sharing site of choice. The U.S., Turkey, Japan and other countries are important markets as well.

However, Orange has said it does not intend to remain as the sole owner, saying it is looking for a North American backer to help to help dailymotion break into the market.

It is clear that to accelerate the development of the company, Dailymotion needs to find a solid strategic partner, probably American, that is capable of opening the doors to the US market. Beyond this, we are very happy with what has been achieved in the past few months (revenue growth of 55% in 2012). Our partnership with Dailymotion is an excellent illustration of the pertinence of our content strategy.”

 
 
Image source:
http://p3.pej.cz/p3.pej.cz/0bfc1edac38a8c55637eb6e964347451.jpg
http://www.geekboulevard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Dailymotion_logo2-300×170.png 
http://www.freeman59.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/itrendo-orange-dailymotion-635×190.jpg
Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

One Comment on “Orange buys Dailymotion for USD 168M”

  1. Sunny Ramity March 11, 2013 at 3:49 pm #

    I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: